Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Cornbread Recipe


I've had a couple of request concerning the cornbread I posted on 3-24-08.Here at home it didn't last a full 24 hours.....We love cornbread and it's so easy to make....
The basic recipe is on the package, but I add what pleases me to it and it always turns out to be yummy...you can subtract any thing I've added but it won't be the same :o)
I like the "House of Autry: cornmeal it's old fashioned stone ground.....plus self rising..

Starting with the Basic Recipe on back of package
1 1/2 cups of "Autry Corn meal"
1 double yolk egg ...(or two large eggs)
1 Tablespoon of oil
1 cup of milk (sometimes you need 1/2 cup more)

To this recipe I add whatever I like .....for the post dated
I used
1cup of chopped country ham (leftovers)
4to 5 cloves of garlic chopped with one medium onion and 1 1/2 pods of Jalepeno pepper.
I chop about a third of a can of whole kernal corn ..and leave the rest whole
Mix all ingredient and best if put into a Cast iron skillet ..put into a 350 oven and cook until middle stuck with a knife comes out clean.... 30 to 45 minutes

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Thank you! I can't wait to try it!