Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Start of Freezing Zucchini


I almost missed showing you the size of this Zucchini...I started cutting it up so fast...it was a bigger than my foot :o) and that's pretty big :o)
Who says I don't have a Mini Farm! Seems to me I'm doing pretty good with having a bite to eat and some to put into the freezer..I can't help it if a neighbor who has a bigger almost farm than me ....raises more than he and his Mrs can use and shares it with us :o).....I've been eating Zucchini like there is no tomorrow!..this batch was still too much for one meal....so "Waste not Want Not" in the freezer for later times....
By the way...in the background you can see my eggshells in a bag before I've ground them to add to the soil to give more nitrogen....it seems to be working for the tomatoes.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Zuch's already!! Mine have not even started to bud! (that is what we get up north you know)

Looks yummy, you will be glad that you put some up for later ;-)