Sunday, August 10, 2008

Peaches with "Stevia Syrup"


I was some kind of happy when this job was done! The Peaches weren't the hardest to last a bit...and as most know ...they look great in the basket until you get to the bottom...there are always those that are bruised and have to be done licky split!
All in all , they don't look too bad....I'm disappointed with the juice content, seems I packed them pretty tight and lo and behold , looks like there is more juice than peaches...any one have any solutions? Or Constructive critisim?

5 comments:

Connie said...

Those peaches look great to me, Ginny! Just think how good those will taste this winter when it is freezing cold outside. I know they are a lot of work, but I bet you'll be glad you have them come December and January.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

You bet Daisy! especially since they don't contain any sugars (except what's in the Peach). Stavia Extract works great for me. I used some of the Stevia Juice in a glass of Seltzer water.< it was delicious :o)Ginny B.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

I'd like to try that. I grew stevia year before last and dried the leaves in my dehydrator. I don't know if it's any good any more - I'd forgotten completely about it! The bees loved stevia - they got so drunk on the blossoms that it was hard to shake them off to harvest it.
Laurie
slowlysheturned.net

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Laurie, did you have to order the Stevia someplace special? I'd like to try it also..I have been trying to buy a dehydrator since last year...but my spinning and weaving has sucked up my budget...maybe before next years harvest....Ginny