Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mushroom sliced Open


It sure looks nice and white on the inside....I found a description of it on one of the Mushroom List..and it says it's non Poisonous< that may be, but I'm not familiar with them enough to be sorry and not safe....there are too many other good things I know to eat...in fact ...think I'll go have a bit of Pear Cobbler :o)
(That sure sounds like the fox with the sour grapes)hehehe.... or If I walk away today, I'll live to eat another day...:o)

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Wow! That's one big mushroom!!! I would have been afraid to eat it too, Ginny. I love mushrooms though--especially on pizza. :D Not worth taking the risk if it might be poisonous though.

The Gingerbread House said...

Daisy, I love mushroom also..on and in just about every dish and on the side :o)...According to the picture I found of it , it was non Poisonous< but I could have been mistaken at what I was looking at.So I'd rather be safe than sorry!.Ginny

Deborah said...

Boy I sure love mushrooms too. I wish I could become proficient in identifying them. I'd love to be able to grow them. Learning about wild foods is another idea that intrigues me.

The Gingerbread House said...

I thought a mushroom that large would be good for a couple of meals,but not being sure about it, made me think twice about trying that :o).Ginny