Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Day of Rest, For Who ?


Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest! When was it changed? Most women I know have to get the dinner out...unless they eat out!...and being retired you have to watch that budget... and there's "No Place Like Home Cooking" (unless you eat at a greasy spoon :o)....
I think I'm about getting over my angry spell...I'm just about worn out from cooking and Cecil seems tired of washing the dishes,although he's not complaining, I'm one of those messy cooks , using so many utensils..I like to say that's because I'm an "Artist Cook" :o) He likes to eat ...I offer to help him, but he always refuses it....(don't bother me none :o)....

3 comments:

ladydi said...

I'm with you on the day of rest thing. I feel that way about Thanksgiving, too. It would be much easier to be thankful if it weren't so much work! I am VERY thankful for meals that don't require much cooking - a tasty salad and some fruit. Ten minutes of washing and chopping, and presto! It's time to eat. (Your meal does look fabulous, and good leftovers are like money in the bank!)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

I had to put half the Turkey in the freezer, with a lot of food cooked up, it's strange but one loses the appetite....I think it will be fine for another day...
Ginny

Connie said...

Ginny, you cooked up a feast! You ought to have baked and cooked out that anger by now. I hope so. Feeling angry is a heavy load to carry around. Carrying it only hurts you, it doesn't hurt who or whatever you're angry about. That turkey sure looks good. Pass the stuffing too, please! Although you had to cook Sunday dinner, maybe with leftovers around you can take the day off of cooking tomorrow. :D