Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dreary Day in NC

Today "Saturday" really feels like a "Sabbath" a day just to rest...unless we are just being lazy....We both slept later than usual..I think it's the weather that lulls you into a deeper sleep....unless turning the heat down did it! anyway, we both had our chosen breakfast's Cecil had his Bran Flakes and I had bacon and egg sandwich (I love bacon anytime:o) Then we sat in our chairs and watched the PBS programs of places to go and things to do...and then traveled via the TV a bit...watched some gardening..and swore next year our garden will be the best ever.
The rest of the day I'll spend Weaving ....Weaving takes a bit of memory, if you have to stop , you have to make a note of where you were (I do for now anyway) ...I don't have enough on the loom worth showing...but as soon as I do I'll take a picture. I'm just happy that I got the loom warped correctly and I'm functioning..
I don't have to worry about cooking dinner...I made a pot of Vegetable and beef soup that seemed to grow as I added everything I could think of...and made a few biscuits (frozen Mrs B) I didn't have to add any salt or pepper for a change, it was delicious and I have enough left to eat today...I think I'll make a piece of Bar-Be-Que pork for tomorrow...and some collards (from the side of the house garden that just won't quit growing on this "Almost an Acre" Farm :o)....

4 comments:

Deborah said...

It sounds like a lovely day. Personally, I can't wait to see some of your weaving pictures.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

In due time Deborah,once I get the pattern going right..each step is a lesson for me....Ginny

Dorothy said...

Your talk about food always makes me hungry! I haven't had collards in ever so long. Isn't it fun to be retired and just do what you want to all day?

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Dorothy, sometimes we wonder how we ever had jobs since retiring we have so much more to do....I didn't work when my children were young, I was blessed to be home with them.
I find everyone likes to hear about food :o) Cecil raves about one meal and try to outdo myself on the next one...:o).....Ginny