Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Days are here again!

Having a cold and feeling blah! for days is no fun....Last night was the first night I slept without taking any kind of pills for the cold symptoms....and woke up feeling fresh and invigorated for a change....
Cecil put the pre- prepared corn beef pot on at 4:30 am for me....and it's was beginning to give up its delicious aroma!....I decided that a big breakfast was in order to wait for that "Fat sandwich" I would have later this afternoon of it with a Kosher pickle on the side, Yummy! :o)
This morning I was really hungry..and couldn't decide which to have bacon or homemade sausage....so....why not a little of both :o) (told you I was hungry),No grits today , but two big biscuits each would suffice...sopped up with some King syrup...cheese and eggs...and a couple dollops of homemade Apple Sauce (butter)don't really think it's sauce since it's so creamy and thick,after having nothing but soup for a couple of days...I deserve a heavy breakfast....Cecil claims it was better than any restaurant could serve...I agree with him as I continued to take bites each of homemade sausage < I like saying homemade :o) makes me feel real valuable ...and worth my salt..
I really feel like going out and view some countryside and a couple of flea markets, but alas it's not the wisest thing to do just getting to feel better one day.
I'm anxious to get to more weaving today, and trying to find a pattern for the scarf weaving project at school, I don't particulally like the "Plain Weave" I'm doing at present, not enough detail for me...

5 comments:

Connie said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, Ginny. That big breakfast sounds great, and I bet it did you some good in helping you feel better along with getting a good night's rest.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Thanks Daisy,today life was good ..Ginny

Deborah said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick Ginny. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. That breakfast sounds so good.

ladydi said...

You do some good eating! I'm glad you're feeling better. Being down with a cold is so miserable.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ladydi, Cecil and I really do some "good eating" and sometimes it amazes us how well for two old birds :o)...
We are happy that our eating isn't disturbed in our old age like our budget :o)....We are especially pleased when it's something we grew or canned ourselves ....Ginny