Thursday, November 6, 2008


With my thumbs sticking in my armpits and my chest poked out! I'm happily saying "Look what I did" :o)
What a learning experience these towels were....After they were finished on the loom, they were hemmed, washed, dried, ironed thread picked and then put on display on the rack....To the naked experienced eye , you can see the mistakes made... and so can I , but all in all the project came out better than I thought and I'm happy that I succeeded.....

You can barely see the one on top that was the last of the warp ends and if I had continued I would have had a longer towel, but I thought I would run out of warp...
All in all...a good project and I'm not ashamed of the results....and I'm sorry they are not for sale , so don't start begging :o)...

8 comments:

Connie said...

Hurray! Wow--I think they look great, Ginny! I don't see any mistakes in them at all. See sticking with it and all that hard work has paid off for you. Great job! :D

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Thanks Daisy,It was hard work, but I really enjoyed it when it started looking like something good on the loom.. almost to the end :o( I sure learned a lot from it......Ginny

jillied said...

Ginny, the towels are beautiful...and if ANYONE uses them to wipe a dish, I'll help you smack them silly!

I'm just as proud as though I'd made them myself.

xoxoxoxo

Deborah said...

Those towels are great! Wonderful job! What did you use for warp and weft?

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Thanks ladies for the compliments,just goes to show perseverance is one of my good qualities (patting myself on the back.:o)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Deborah, I used "Aunt Lydia's" Crochet Cotton for both. It was inexpensive and good enough for a beginner.. I'd love some Cotton and Linen for the next ones.Ginny

Jilly,
I don't think Cecil is foolish enough to mess with them :o) Don't forget we have 60 years of marriage. :o) Ginny

ladydi said...

Anyone who can make fabric is the coolest! These are beautiful towels - wow you can even make plaid. I am so impressed.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ladydi, you have been bitten by that weaving bug, there is no doubt about it in my mind....That's how Fabric Artist are ...you start in one and rotate to another, Go for it! Life is too short not too.....Ginny