Monday, January 5, 2009

Today was a busy day for me , following the busy one I had yesterday....
It takes as much time to take fabric off a loom almost as long as warping it..
I had a slight mess to clean off my reeds yesterday...my cotton threads seem to have made a little mess from the threads being shaved off a little as I beat the warp, well I wondered what affect the smaller reed would have compared to the larger (for those who don't know a size 10 reed has wider space than the size 12) I used the size 12 and the size 10 would have been the better one to use for this project.
Sometimes you don't learn it all in school, you also learn best by doing ...mistakes are the best teachers...
After taking the fabric off the loom , I then had to plan most of it's separation, I thought I was doing a good job as I worked, but I see not that wasn't good enough! I made out okay with separating , but next time I'll use a better method, sometimes as it was going good I just kept working ....have to remember how I want the colors to work...but after separating and making the fringes , the product looks pretty good, in fact I'd go as far to say they are the best darn dish cloths I've ever had , besides the ones I knitted! Cecil is excited about them, he likes that they are real thick, I must keep him happy with the new bargain since my back surgery, I cook and he does the dishes, We have a dish washer, but he likes to use it sparingly.Okay with me :o)....

7 comments:

ladydi said...

That's a pretty sweet deal - you cook and he washes dishes. I would like to hear him complimenting your nice thick dishcloths!

jillied said...

Ginny, the cloths are beautiful!!!

We have the same cooking and cleaning arrangement here, but Frank only gets knit dishcloths.

I agree with LadyDi....these should be made into placemats or something that gets to be shown more than a dishcloth!!

donyk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ladydi, my mother didn't raise a dummy :o), my back is always a problem (hehehe)I have to keep the deal alive.:o)Cecil wants to "save" them, that's not what I made them for, they are to be "used"..period!!!

Jilly, Frank is still lucky to get knitted ones, they are "Special" too....Ginny

Melodye said...

I just discovered your blog and have spent a wonderful few hours reading it. Everything is wonderful. I'm hungry just looking at the meals you cook! I love your zest for life and your gratitude for life's blessing. I'll be back!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Melodye, thanks for visiting my blog and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit....please come back and visit again, there may be a slice of cake waiting for you...Ginny

Melodye said...

Ginny, I fixed it. Don't want to age you any faster. Take care!