Monday, January 19, 2009

Yesterday was a fruitful one

Since Cecil and I have been here for such a long time and seen so many events take place...we sometimes wonder "What is today going to yield" you just never know, so you keep a prayer on your lips that you and your love ones are safe...then it expands to friends and acquaintances...Some events are repeated through ignorance or un-willingness to concede...some events just can't be helped because the human factors gets in the way!...Which are those, I think it's the 7 deadly sins...How many of them do you know?....off hand I can only name a few, Greed, Envy, Jealousy, wish I knew them all (I've probably committed them).
We spent the day in front of the TV ...we missed the first showing of the Inauguration Celebration...but caught the full show at 7pm and what a show it was, it was so inspiring..watching the entertainers of many ethnic backgrounds perform together and and all in harmony to "get the job done"....I can speak of the days that was not possible....not what someone told me , but what I have experienced in my own personal life, and I know there are many would, and could confess to many more experiences....I was tempted ( by going to a higher grade) and transferred to another school to keep me from playing the lead in a school play....I was to sing "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" < the Principal did that "Mr Prejudice". I will never forget him....I didn't tell my mother of the transfer..thinking I was doing the right thing....was I ever wrong...That was getting rid of me by dangling a carrot in front that he knew I couldn't resist...knowing I would fail, how can a child with mediocre grades in the first place succeed in a higher grade in the last month of the semester...getting rid of me was the point..! There are many that have stories like that in their lives.
The dinner and the pies were of great comfort and enjoyed immensely by us both, and thank goodness, today I don't have to cook :o) the leftovers are welcome. and just maybe I'll get to the loom ...:o)

8 comments:

Laurie said...

I think that Gluttony is my deadly sin!

Your story reminds me of one of my mother's, who went to high school in the 30s. She played the role of the maid in her high school play in blackface. Wow, thank God times have changed.

Laurie

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

There are some that would like to leave things as they were..but there is a better change on it's way......Ginny

Deborah said...

All that food makes me so hungry!

I'm so sorry you've had such experiences. I've never really been around prejudice so it always astounds me when I hear such stories.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

"Denial is still one of the best humanly protections against truth".

ladydi said...

My goodness, Ginny, that is such a sad event. I wonder if Mr. Prejudice looked back on his horrid actions and repented? I would like to think he did.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

I understand that the Sins of the Father falls on the children..
I often see the good or bad I've done come back one way or the other, I think it's meant so one can repent! Next is how to make amends.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Loved your words on this and we eat left overs a lot also. I love when we have them because I have more time to embroider! Blessings, Kathleen

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Kathleen, I've been trying to get to the loom for several days now, the leftovers are all gone :o(
I'm running out of excuses...Plus I'm trying to get the wardrobe ready for the trip to the wedding.
Ginny