Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Pear and Apple Cobbler on Saturday :o)


There are times when your just in the mood to make something sweet that you can nibble on for a couple of days (if it lasts that long in this house) I was going to make it a Peach Cobbler , but instead I needed to make some room in the freezer so decided I'd try out some Pears and Apples that I still have plenty of...and so I did, in fact I made it larger than the last time..so there would be a second helping for both of us...So I made what I call a Lasagna pan full ...and the picture shows it very well ...and it is indeed good.. I'm glad I made a large one ..so today Sunday, we have dessert :o) I even have some ice cream to add to it ...(Diabetic Coma) The mixture of Pears and Apples are a good taste together..I also added some Raisins and Crasions (the spelling might be off for Craisons< they are dried Cranberries.I even added some Peach juice that I saved from the last jar of canned Peaches I used to make a cobbler ...Cecil said it tasted like a Peach Cobbler, he was all the more happier...:o)

6 comments:

ladydi said...

Yummy! I was thinking about you today, Miss Ginny. I was visiting my mom and reading "At Home in Mitford" aloud to her. We have both read the series before, but rereading a good book is like revisiting a good friend. Her vision is very limited so she can only read very large print with a lighted magnifying glass. Reading aloud with her is something we both enjoy a lot.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ladydi, I loved that Series,and I tried to make every recipe they had in it...even the Liver pudding, that was a job finding the ingredients...and after all the fuss it stayed in the freezer for a year before I threw it out :o)..I've made the Orange Marmalade cake so many times I could almost make it by heart :o)..Ginny

ladydi said...

You're funny, Ginny! Kept it in the freezer a year before throwing it out! I made the marmalade cake once. It was pretty good, but cakes are really supposed to be chocolate. :>} I tried the macaroni and cheese once and decided I like mine better!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

I like a lot of things I make better than when I eat out...don't know if mine is really that much better or I'm just used to it :o)
Nobody ever refuses to eat at my house..and I don't think it's always because they are being polite :o)...Ginny

Connie said...

Oh that looks so delicious, Ginny! I'm sure it is long gone by now or I'd ask for a piece. HA! :D

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy, for once there is a small piece left in the fridge...only because I'm been eating some chessmen cookies that Cecil treated me to...they are my favorites...Ginny