Monday, April 27, 2009

A View from the Top


There is a saying that good things come to those who wait (or something like that)..Well we have been waiting for some Sunshine and warm weather and this weekend was a 10...Cecil and I enjoyed the yard and was happy to see so many plants that took a lot of work peek their heads up and welcome Spring...
The Iris's were beautiful this year and it seems I made a mistake and called them Lilacs in another post...Hey! I'm entitled to make a mistake ...I'm older :o) and If I forget somethings right name..just call it anything :o) other people get away with it all the time...
There is a lot of clover covering the back yard more than grass, and I like it , much better than just grass...it's thicker and greener...I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the yard with the Iris's looking so pretty..Do a close up and enjoy the view :o)

7 comments:

ladydi said...

Beautiful - love those iris. It's fun to see the season travel from your area to ours - we're still having daffodils and the tulips are just starting. We'll get iris next! That's a pretty fancy birdbath, Miss Ginny.

Deborah said...

What a lovely yard and view you have.

Kathleen from Eggs In My Pocket said...

Every thing is so green and pretty! blessings,Kathleen

The Gingerbread House said...

Ladydi, that birdbath is probably older than you :o)..I'm still enjoying it here in NC from NJ. I didn't have the heart to leave it there..

Deborah, the view is lovely and very comforting to the soul..

Kathleen, it is nice and green and a blessing to see the Spring in it one more time...Ginny

ladydi said...

Well then, it's a genuine antique! I'm glad it made the trip from NJ; I can see why you wanted to bring it along.

Daisy said...

Your yard looks lovely, Ginny. Isn't it wonderful when all that green comes back. Your iris are very pretty. :)

Happy Sunday to you!

The Gingerbread House said...

Daisy, I'm very happy with those Iris, every year I promise to get another color ...:o( Ginny