Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Neighbors putting up a fence..


I have mixed emotions about this fence going up...some of it positive and some negative...
It makes me feel like I'm living within a box not of my making..
The saying is "Fences make good neighbors"..that may be true in this case..these neighbors have a dog that has dug holes and destroyed shrub.. a fence will keep him out of mine instead of a long leash that he could easily break loose from.
Perhaps that will cut down on his barking at us in our own yard...we are territorial too...
I don't like that it cuts off such a nice view of land..at least we will be able to still see part of the tall beautiful trees in the woods...and the birds will still be able to come "home" to eat and bathe...

2 comments:

Connie said...

I can understand you having mixed feelings about the fence going up, Ginny. Perhaps it will be a good thing---keep their dog away and also give you more privacy.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy, keeping their dog away is a good thing and maybe I won't get so much dust when they decide to mow the lawn and do it so short (to keep from doing it often) they kick up dust..and it seems it happens when we decide to cook out.
Ginny