Friday, August 21, 2009

Home again at Last!

Well finally my Heart had healed itself enough to have the shunts put in...I was awake for the whole procedure...(almost 3 hours)...the jargon was way out of my league :o) Plus they had given me medicine to relax me I was able to see my heart on the screen..but it was too difficult for me to know what the heck every thing they were doing or saying all I want to know now is that its done and I don't have to go to the hospital for another stay .. :o(...(remember I was a RN many years ago)...this procedure would have shocked us all into a coma..:o)...medicine sure has changed..
Faster than a month old computer :o) another one of my great jokes :o)
My Dr was a great guy..even gave me pictures of where things were of my heart...and where the shunts were placed..
This is my first day back home and it sure feels and smells good.. Hospital food sucks! "There is no place, like home :o)...First thing I had was a large glass of "Strawberry Seltzer" my daughter found some "sugar free syrup for seltzer" expensive as hell, but worth a shot :o)...That's it for today...it's been a long one.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I am SO GLAD to see you back! I've missed you!!!

Connie said...

I'm so glad to hear you are back home, Ginny. Hospitals are no fun places to be at all. Hope you are resting and will soon be feeling better and stronger. I don't think I would have wanted to be awake for that procedure! Take it slow and easy and have a good weekend.

ladydi said...

I hope those shunts keep your system going better than ever! Thank goodness for the advances in medicine, although the being awake part I'm not so sure about. :>} Have your children been able to keep up with the garden along with everything else? How many people does it take to do what one Ginny does when she's feeling well?

Melodye said...

Welcome back, Miss Ginny! I missed you. Wishing you good health and long life!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and good wishes..I still don't have much steam...have to have a chair near the stove just for a bowl of hot cereal..yuck! They say I should feel better with the stints within two weeks or so..
I hope they hurry up and do the job..takes energy just to walk across the room yuck!
My children keep up with the garden?
Are you kidding me!! the deer destroyed eveything...@#$#%^