Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Cooking shows give good reminders"

Watching a cooking show ...I put my chops in a salt brine for 30 minutes
then putting three slices of Honey wheat bread in my unit, and chopping them a little coarse (for a nice crunch)...I toasted them and after they cooled I added some parsley, black pepper and some garlic..then breaded the chops and put into a 400* oven for about 45 minutes (they said 15,but that's not enough for me).
After cooking in the oven for 45 minutes they became nice and toasty brown :o) and they tasted as good as they looked....I'd forgotten how good thick chops could taste cooked this way...
I baked a couple of potatoes at the same time...and we had enough for two days of delicious eating :o) I'm so good...:o)


7 comments:

Connie said...

You are indeed good, Ginny! :D

I'm sure those chops were yummy!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Aw shucks Daisy,what a nice thing to say,especially when prompted :o)
Ginny

Deborah said...

That looks yummy!

jillied said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jillied said...

Have to tell you all that I followed Queen Ginny's recipe for pork chops, tonight. I've never brined chops before and (don't know if that was the reason) they were perfect. Moist and tender with a wonderful coating. Baked a couple yams in the oven with the chops and we had ourselves a feast! Thanks, KIddo!

ladydi said...

When you're feeling up to cooking AND sharing the recipe with us, we know you're definitely on the mend! Thank goodness, and those chops look delicious. :>}

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Deborah, they were delicious, I might have them again very soon :o)
Jilly,I should have come to your house for dinner..the sweet potatoes probably went better with the chops :o)
Ladydi, I'm not out of the woods yet..I still have to sit and take a break from standing, but it's a heck of a lot better since the stints...Ginny