Sunday, October 25, 2009

"The Student does well"

There is a dish in most families that is passed down ,generation to generation...this is one of those dishes :o)...
While my Grandson came to visit ..he requested "Chicken Pie" (really "Chicken and Dumplings") It's a simple dish to prepare and you can feed many with it....it was a staple dish for many families that had 8 to 10 (or more) children....I got the recipe from my Mother in law...since it was one of Cecil's favorite dishes (comfort food). I learned to make it well and the kids always asked for it...and then the Grand kids started requesting it...Once in a while it seems my Grandsons want to learn how to make something I make...and they end up making it better than me :o)....One makes pancakes, and adds new twists to it, now everyone wants him to make it...Lets just say I taught them well...wish I could have tasted this ones "Chicken Pie" :o) it has to taste as good as it looks ...He is smart like me too!! :o)

4 comments:

Connie said...

Ginny, that chicken pie sure looks delicious! Your family is very lucky to have you to teach them how to cook. I'm sure they all treasure the recipes that you have passed along to them. I hope you have a good week. :)

Deborah said...

Your cooking looks so good!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy, wish I could have tasted that Chicken pie :o)...maybe next time he visits he will have to do some cooking :o)...
Deborah,whatever I cook Cecil is always willing to taste :o) sometimes he tastes it all up :o)
Ginny

ladydi said...

I'm always tempted to make chicken pie for Thanksgiving instead of turkey - one year I even did it. :>}