Saturday, January 9, 2010

Another busy day!


Today was another busy day for me...I didn't plan to venture out..I was tired and it was a bitter cold day here in NC ...I think the temp was about 12 degrees...So I decided a perfect day for a pot of butter beans and corn...and to get the chicken bones out of the freezer and get them on the stove for Homemade Chicken Stock! They made the house smell good and helped to warmed it up also...I ended up with four quarts, They will come in pretty handy for a lot of recipes..

5 comments:

cici said...

it's bitter cold here too. Nothing like the smell of Chicken soup to warm you up♥

Connie said...

There's always something cooking at Ginny's house. :) That does make the house feel warmer and more inviting, doesn't it. Hope you have a good Sunday, Ginny.

ladydi said...

Mmmm, good homemade chicken soup will be so tasty on these cold days. I didn't know it ever got as low as 12 degrees in N.C. I always think of that as the south, as in warm and sunny even in the winter, with an occasional very unusual bit of snow. (just for variety!) Don't you hate global warming? LOL

Deborah said...

Looks yummy! You are so industrious.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Well, yesterday is gone and I've made the four quarts of chicken STOCK...with that I can make many dishes with it...it's so handy to have...Cecil loves Chicken with dumplings and I make them pretty good after many years of practice :o)... The house felt cozy and warm...smelled good too :o)...Ginny