Sunday, January 17, 2010

What to do on a Winter's Dreary Rainy Day!


Bake a cake and make dinner early so you can sneak a slice :o)...or sneak a couple of slices and eat them...and then make dinner :o)... if you do the first selection...you can have another slice later in the evening after dinner :o) I've been told there is more than one way to skin a cat! ...or sneak a piece of cake..or do like my kids used to do...one would engage me with conversation while one would sneak a piece of chicken from the pile I had frying..and then the other would do the same...I kept wondering why my pile of cooked chicken never got higher..:o(
Dinner will be eaten...we are on a Pork Chop kick here at my house :o) they are so good here lately, guess I haven't been making them lately so it's "catch up time" .. Cecil is asking for them..Being it's Sunday , I'll make double..it's a lazy day!

8 comments:

Connie said...

That cake looks delicious, Ginny! Sneak a little piece for me, would you? :D

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy, one day smell-a-vision :o)
then grab a vision :o)...and I won't have any cake left..my kids would snatch it all up and tell me I don't need any :o(...Ginny

cici said...

Yummy looking cake.. Is it pound?? Makes me remember that my granny use to make the best pound cake ever. I usually plan what I am going to eat around the desert♥ I have done a bit of sneaking in my lifetime.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

The perfect thing to do on a winter's day.....bake and eat! It looks delicious! blessings,Kathleen

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Cici, now that I'm a GREAT Grandma I can bake and eat when and what I please :o).Yes you can say it's a pound cake,I dicided not to put anything in between layers , so I made it plain and whole (we just finished up a "Sock it to me" cake and I didn't want anything close to it...Ginny

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Kathleen,I've got one of your recipes I'm dying to make..and soon:o)..Have to do some shopping first...Ginny

ladydi said...

Very tasty looking cake, Miss Ginny!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ladydi, it's a tasty cake alright..Cecil is enjoying it sneaking slices :o)...he forgets to clean the knife, that's how I know :o)...Men! they aren't smarter than women any day of the week...even on Sunday :o) Ginny