Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"The Busy Cookie Monster"

Today was a good day to make some cookies!  At first I thought it was going to rain all day so I took my time crawling out of bed...and decided I would stay in and be comfortable...I didn't feel like making a cake..wanted something to grab and  put into my "pie hole" :o)....(I'm even silly today).First cookie on the list was the "Ginger Cookie" with a new twist...I wanted to see how they would taste with Raisins and or Cranberries...< it worked very well with both. this way I don't feel so guilty ..one must have some fruit :o)


Second  was a "Sugar Cookie"..I love the "Horseman cookies by Pepperidge farm, they are pretty expensive store bought..and today was a good day for a recipe supposed to be similar to it...I'm thrilled about how good they taste and Cecil promised to get me some Buttermilk...that will be dessert :o)
Third , would be making cookies out of my cookie machine that I bought years ago and had not learned (or had the patience to learn ) how to use it...well, today was the day with very good results...wondered why I waited so long ...it was easy.:o) Now I have to find some nice little cut outs...I only had Christmas designs .

5 comments:

Connie said...

Mmmm mmmm mmmm! Boy do those cookies look good, Ginny! I bet they are delicious. A rainy day is good for baking cookies, that's for sure. Glad to hear you are getting some fruit in there too. HA! :D

I hope you are having a good week, Ginny.

Deborah said...

I love your cookies. We have one of those cookie press things too. They are pretty easy.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Glad to see you back! Love homemade cookies! Have a great weekend.blessings,Kathleen

ladydi said...

Yummy! Cookies are my favorite treat. Unless it's ice cream cake. ;0)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Hey Y'all, I think I've started something around here! Cecil doesnt realize the noise lifting the top off the tin can makes or the click of the cookie apple when it's top removed and replaced :o)...Boy! he is having a good time with them :o)If he was a rich man I'd be shopping :o) Ginny