Friday, January 28, 2011

Another Pound Cake! Test #2

I finally found that old Pound Cake recipe, but alas! Nobody in my area carries the Cake Flour! "Presto Cake Flour" was what I  used in the 20-30 year old recipe that I made it with in NJ. Here in NC   Last time I made it. I remembered my son sent me quite a bit of it. Wasn't that a sweet thing for him to do.  I haven't found a store that carries it :o(  So I went with what was available."Swans Down Cake Flour". Instead of my own concoction!.. it didn't rise as high as the last Pound Cake I made, I'm sure it's because of different ingredients.. I also noticed that Swans Down has a Pound Cake recipe on their box, (after I used my Presto recipe) next time I'll try that one... until I can find Presto Cake Flour, I have to use what I can get...Until I'm satisfied with either and or. Cecil doesn't mind "tasting this one up" :o) he says it taste good to him.  That's okay but it doesn't satisfy my palet. I want my pound cake to be light and fluffy. If I'm going to have my B/S rise, let me at least enjoy it. Cecil can suck on a pound of sugar and his body just stays in neutral :o(. Oh Well, I may have to resort to my "Humming Bird Cake" to get some satisfaction. (but it's not a pound cake).

3 comments:

Connie said...

It looks pretty as a picture, Ginny, and I'm sure it is delicious too. Too bad you couldn't find the flour you wanted. Sometimes we just have to make do with what we can find.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Dasiy there are many Pound cake recipes out there and I've been getting a few since I posted this afternoon..who knows maybe I'll get lucky. :o)

jillied said...

Ginny, I just did some research and found that the Presto Cake flour is a self rising mixture. It said you could do this (and you could use your SwansDown to make ita0


"Presto Cake Flour
Presto is a brand that makes a low-gluten self-rising cake flour. Even if Presto isn't specifically available, most grocery stores do carry cake flour and self-rising flour of one brand or another. To substitute for 1-1/2 cups of Presto, use one cup of self-rising flour, 1/2 cup of cake flour and 1/2 tsp. of baking powder."

xoxoxoxo