Monday, February 28, 2011

Creamed Brocolli Soup

Homemade Creamed Broccoli Soup
it never seems to amaze me how a food processor will grind down veggies so that you can't tell without tasting or smelling what a soup is really made of !!  I said I was going to take it easy today, but  I must have been dreaming of taking it easy...sometimes it's a hard thing to do, ask    http://annieskitchengarden.blogspot.com/  she can't sit down either :o) I should be looking at seeds or getting Cecil to get the garden ready..but it's still cold and dreary here and we are under a tornado weather warning for today..always something..
I decided today was a good day to get my Broccoli soup made..I've been wanting some for more than a week ..and today I'm not being pushed with laundry or etc. It turned out pretty good, I always start it off with chopped onions, garlic, celery, Jalapeno pepper and carrots this time I just cooked them in Olive oil (no meat) then I added some Broccoli florets and homemade chicken broth (there's the meat :o) I cooked it down until everything was nice and tender, put it into the food processor and grounded it all down to a thick liquid.. I didn't have any half and half or cream, so I cut a couple of chunks of my homemade cheese, added some canned milk and heated it all up again!..Sat in my "Chair Bed" with a bowl and some crackers and Thanked God for how good it was, and made out of nothing,and a little time he gave me. I've got enough for two more meals, Cecil isn't in love with it..besides he still has some Chicken and Dumplings I made especially for him yesterday..

8 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

I made a huge pot of corn chowder on Saturday, and my kids all said to call them when it was ready. There wasn't much left over from that 7-quart pot! I didn't have time to sit again today, went shopping for more seeds (like I really needed more seeds), potting mix and another tray of cells for starting more veggies and flowers, and now I have a pie crust chilling for tonight's lemon meringue pie.

Maybe we can put our feet up tomorrow ;-)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Lemon meringue pie! I could have put my feet up tonight with a nice cup of tea and a nice slice of that pie if you had offered! :o(

Connie said...

Nothing like a bowl of homemade soup to warm you up on a chilly day. :D

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Funny thing, I have had cream of califlower soup but never had cream of broccoli soup ! I don't know how that happened. -- I know yours is delicious !

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy, good when somebody is tired too :o)

Two Cables and a Frapp, I guess you can make creamed soup out of any veggies or meat too :o)...I like soup just about anytime..it's a comfort food for me..

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Grenville has made aspagus soup using the end of asparagus - parts most people toss. You are so right in that soup can be made with anything that's on hand and it always helps to have some chicken broth available too. I'm going to make a white bean and chicken soup this week.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Beatrice, I love Asparagus too, I never met a food I didn't like, even the one I'm allergic to (Mango's). That bean soup sounds delicious..

JS Grame-Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.