Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Harvest Brag :o)

I'm pleased to report that after the Rains ..the Bees came :o) and they pollinated the squash and we had a Harvest :o) Those first two large Zucchini were almost missed ( we were so used to not seeing anything we began taking it for granted we'd get nothing). Surprise. Surprise :o)
That Zucchini looked like it was hard, but the knife went through it like butter ..in fact all of it was soft.
It was just too much to eat for one meal ( Cecil can eat a lot of it, but it was more than he could handle too). So I cooked the first two and one of the smaller ones with onions and spices I use and put the rest in a freezer bag for another meal.. I am so thankful that we were able to grow our own squash and that the bees came back to pollinate and make it possible..I couldn't see myself walking around with a cue tip pollinating a flower to produce. I couldn't wait for Harvest Monday to post about it..Since I moaned and groaned about not having something :o)..I've been blessed, again :o)

8 comments:

Melodye said...

I don't remember how I found your blog, but the first picture I saw was the one of your fish fry. I could almost taste the fish. This pic is one of my favorite dishes. Umm,umm, good. Can you tell I like to eat???

Robin said...

Oh yipee!!! Congrats Ginny! Now you will probably have more squash then you can handle! I've been playing a lot of cupid at the plots this week.....I just want to make sure that I get some squash in case of the dreaded SVB's!

Jody said...

That looks delicious. I'm so glad the bees found your flowers. What a relief.

Annie*s Granny said...

YAY, Ginny! My squash is weeks away from even blossoming. Send me a few bites of that delicious looking pan full!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Melodye, I still love a fish fry and surprisingly I'm having fish today:o) You love to eat and still are a skinny minnie..:o)

Robin, it's bad on my back playing cupid to squash, now turnip greens thats a different story :o)

Jody, maybe if I stop cussing I'll still get to heaven, now that the bees are back :o) The squash have redeemed me :o)

Annie's Granny, if you want a taste you have to beat Cecil to the pot :o) I always serve myself first , if not I may not get to get seconds :o) They were good too:o)

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

Looks absolutely delicious! I'm glad the bees found your squash plant! I hope you will have continued harvest!

Connie said...

Ginny, that squash looks so good! That's a pretty good size picking for one day. :)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Charmcitybalconygarden, I'm glad the bees found my squash too! There was a lot of preparation that went into trying to grow squash..


Daisy, feels good to get a nice harvest..and i they are still coming in. Even one a day adds up :o)