Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Natural Dyeing with Black Walnut Hulls


I can't wait for Spring, but I need to finish up some UFO's , seems there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything the mind thinks of ....Here is a shot of some Wool that I dyed with the Hulls of the Black Walnut.....very interesting project for me.....I only had to add vinegar as a mordant in the proand I cooked it outside on my grill that has a burner on the side.....
This picture shows the Wool after it was spun....you may be able
to notice that there is one darker than the one on the Bobbin.
I took the first one out of the Dyepot sooner than the others.....being impatient (or nosey and couldn't wait).
I tried to Spin as thin as I could which would just about give me a worted or DK "Perfect" I thought :o) At least I'll be able to make some thing out of it ..

No comments: