Thursday, August 21, 2008

All Closed Up to Protect from Weather


I passed later yesterday and noticed that the house was already protected from the weather ....and whatever else! and thought I'd take a picture first thing this morning to show you how fast things can be done.....
I was in my P.J's under a housedress ....and thought I'd better grab a picture before it was worked on ....and Lo and behold as I was snapping a truck pulled into the driveway and a couple of men got out....and I thought I was just in time..boy! I miss the Hibuscus bloom and almost missed this and I got up very early this morning like I had a job! ugh!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Crazy stuff going on around your place. I actually did something similar while learning to drive. I was pulling up into the driveway and got nervous, slammed on the gas and parked my mom's station wagon in the house.

I did use lye in my soap. It is hard to find but thankfully a local True Value Hardware store still carries it.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Deborah, sometimes my life is a "Never a boring minute" and sometimes it just "sucks" < usually of my own doings :o(
I'm sorry for my neighbor but glad it wasn't me...I wouldn't be here, it happened at the time I was bent over in the studio contemplating warping the loom. I'd still like that soap recipe...If you can send it private.Glad you learned to park the car :o)...Ginny

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gingerbreadshouse7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

Wow, they boarded that up fast! That's good that it will be repaired quickly. Your neighbors are lucky that the driver hit the garage and not the house.