Friday, September 12, 2008

A good Nights rest calls for a good Breakfast!


My idea of a good breakfast seems to always include Grits :o) spelled with a capital "G" , there are so many good things that go with it...and "Liver and Onions" with gravy is one of them....and buttered biscuits on the side.
Cecil loves a Gravy ....so we are both pleased....and to tell you the truth,I've made grits with bacon and eggs or liver and onions for dinner!!!< Hey, there's no law against it....it's still meat and potatoes...or protein and starch Hehehe gotcha!
One thing about grits, they don't cause me to have stomach problems...my stomach is real satified with them....Why shouldn't I like them..some of my ancestors (amd maybe yours too) invented the stuff :o) gotcha again! :o) A breakfast like that puts me on a roll....I'm gonna roll over to the Loom today and get something done,and maybe I'll put a wash on while I'm doing that...I tell you, the grits get me moving....

3 comments:

Deborah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah said...

I tried grits once as a child, but didn't like them. Of course my mother made them and she never cooked very well. She killed any taste I might have had for grits. And okra. And liver. Sigh. I'd like to like these things. Perhaps you should come visit me and teach me to cook with a southern flair since I live in Alabama now, lol.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

I know a lot of people that don't like grits, everyone cooks a little different,and not everyone cooks grits the same...I wash mine!When my sister in law saw me do it, she was shocked! and told me "Those are grits you know", Yes, I knew, but that's how I do them...after she ate mine , she fixes hers the same way :o)....Ginny