Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Be Careful what you wish for!


Looking at a few blogs, many were putting up Apples, and I wished I had planted an Apple tree when we planted the Pear trees,...We planned to do it this Fall.....but I said "God, I wish I had some Apples"> They may as well fell into my lap the same day, by Cecil expressing it by chance to an acquaintance....
Well, they didn't look like the picture perfect Apples I'd been looking at, but after all, I asked God for them and this is what he sent! They are the darkest red apples I've ever seen ...and the skin looks kind of funny , but when peeled the apples were without blemish (a few were bad).what a surprise how "solid" they were. I don't know what kind they are, I think they are from an old tree.
Like a true farmers wife , I woke up at 5:30 am ( me who can sleep til noon)and had a good nights sleep, and decided to have a cup of coffee and get started with those apples before I started procrastinated .. See the results below
UPDATE, name of the Apple Tree is "Arkansas Black"

No comments: