Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Results of Labor....Rest in the Freezer


This it the Apple Sauce Ginny made ....and I used part "Stevia" for the sweetener, Hot it tastes pretty good , Mikey thinks so too! , maybe by breakfast time the last pint that I stuck in the fridge without processing will taste better.
I don't plan on doing anything else today....I'm too pooped to pop! or even to mess with the Loom...I'm feeling my age today!
Besides the Apple sauce you see, I got 10 quarts of apples in the freezer for pies.
"Let it Snow let it Snow!"

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm jealous. I'd love to have some fruit put up. Of course I have a ton of stuff I need to put up and I keep procrastinating. You are an inspiration.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Deborah, I'm waiting to see what you do with that Sugar Cane! Cecil vaguely remembers that it had to be crushed to get the juices and then cooked! That's going to keep you busy! Ginny

Connie said...

Boy does that apple sauce look good! :D All of that plus more for pies!! You are one hard worker, Ginny! That's a whole lot of apples to be putting up. That juicer looks like a handy gadget to have for a farmer's wife! :D

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Yes Daisy, being a farmers wife isn't an easy task...at least I don't have to milk the cow in the morning, just have to run to Food Lion for it :o), and the chickens sent their eggs to the market, so it gives me more time for baking :o)....Pretend sometimes is a lot of fun...wish I could pretend I were rich and young :o) Ginny