Saturday, November 29, 2008

Antique Curtains in Guest Room


I got a request to show the "Curtains" that I made many years ago that still look good...when you take them down in the Spring, you forget how lovely they are...then by the time Fall rolls around again...you get a renewed since of pride in your work.
If you take a click for a Close up view , you might be able to see the details in the design and if you can see the top of the curtains, you can see where I added a ruffle trim so I wouldn't have to use a Cornice like I did years ago..there is always a way to re-design, even your own handiwork. I won't add a cornice to this room, the window is too wide for me to bother....but I can do it in the other rooms if I so desire... You can also see the Begonia that is slowly fading away, I don't think she will last until Spring, but we are trying to save her. The lighting is just not enough ....

3 comments:

ladydi said...

Your curtains are lovely! I was surprised to read that you take them down in the spring. Is it to prevent summer sun damage?

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Not to prevent Sun damage, but to let the house be more open for cooling and fresh air! The blinds still keep it private when needed.
You can't "Air" the house as well in Winter...Ginny

Connie said...

They are very pretty! You should be proud of your handiwork. :D