Thursday, November 27, 2008

"Happy Thanksgiving Day"

Yesterdays breakfast was so good, we repeated it this morning..same thing :o) and just as good..
I've received a few calls from the children and grands...I expect more during the day!
In the meantime, Cecil and I aren't having Turkey or Chicken! we had enough Chicken while my son was here visiting and a Turkey would be just too much for the two of us!
Instead I'm spending my Thanksgiving giving "Thanks"...I'm thanking God that I had sense enough to save some Curtains that I made! I hate to say how many years ago...seems I can't remember but I do remember paying $17.00 a yard for them and spent quite a bit,buying almost the whole bolt... for the fabric...Now I wish I had bought more..they are still "Beautiful" and expensive brand new (they say "Antique") Last year I threw out the "Swags" they had had their best days...I plan on making more but one step at a time...glad I got my Serger back! I'm taking a break for the blog. Then I'll get the kitchen curtains up...Think I'll bake some chops, collards I have from the garden in the freezer,sweet potatoes and cornbread...and whatever else we snack on later...maybe some of those giant shrimp my son bought :o)
It's not the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, I'm still "Giving Thanks" that I'm having dinner, and a place to have it at "Amen"
Enjoy your day "Giving Thanks".
Don't forget to Post a picture of your Turkey! I want to make believe "I'm coming for dinner" :o)

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Your dinner sounds wonderful to me, Ginny, and it is certainly something to be thankful for to have enough to eat because there are a lot of people who go hungry everyday. I'm glad to hear you and Cecil had such a lovely day.

The Gingerbread House said...

Hey Daisy, hope your day was lovely too and that your Thanksgiving dinner was all you meant it to be...At least I didn't gain 10 pounds this year from eating too much :o) Ginny

Deborah said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving Ginny. I'm still recovering from ours, lol.

I'd love to see some pictures of those curtains!

cyndy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ginny!

The Gingerbread House said...

Thanks Cyndy, it was a quiet Thanksgiving for us, another good time to reflect on our blessings!...So we decided it was also a good time to put the curtains up... I was a little behind in doing so because of not feeling well, usually I have them up by Thanksgiving...Ginny