Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Persimmons Galore


Aren't these the most beautiful Persimmons...nice and round....but not yet Juicy.
I love them so much , We planted a Persimmon tree this Spring...it was the most expensive one in the yard...and now I've been told , one...I should have planted it in June not March! two, it will take three years before it brings forth any fruit!
Talk about being disappointed Ugh!Just thinking I might not be here to taste that fruit has made me a glutton to eat all I can while I'm here now! and I'm emphasising NOW.I thought these only came from Iseral, but they grow here in NC, I thought only the little persimmons were the only ones that grew here (they have too many seeds for me to really enjoy them ..These are the ones I like best, especially when they become real ripe.....

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Ginny, I'm glad you found some nice persimmons! They look big as tomatoes!! Mine are the small, seedy kind.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Dorothy they are large as tomato or apples....Cecil even had a dream he was picking Apples :o) he had referred to how large the Persimmons were.....Did you know you could grind up those seeds and use like coffee?...... Ginny

ladydi said...

You, my friend, are definitely going to be there to enjoy the persimmons! I only tried one once and it was the funniest sensation. It completely dried my mouth out in a split second. I learned later that it wasn't quite ripe. The ripe ones don't do that! LOL.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ladydi, from your lips to God's ear!...I want to be able to eat Persimmons from my own tree..Every man is entitled to a "Fig Tree" , so maybe a woman is entitled to a "Persimmon Tree" :o) Ginny