Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Slices of Homemade Bread


In my haste to make some Homemade Bread with the Homemade Soup, I forgot to add the sugar for the yeast to feed on, and I couldn't stop the bread machine because it had gone too far in the process Ugh!, I fretted the whole time it was cooking....and what a surprise when it was done....it was half the size I expected, but the consistancy was great and so was the taste, but I did detect that the taste was off a bit..but it toasted well this morning and was delicious with coffee. Some days that's enough ....

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I eliminated most sugar from my bread a long time ago. I like my bread dense like artisan bread. Yummy!

The Gingerbread House said...

Deborah, how's the cane syrup coming along? can't wait to see photo's of how it's done...Ginny

ladydi said...

Mmmm - nothing beats a slice of homemade bread toasted and lightly buttered. Mmmm I bet your house smelled heavenly. Mmmmmm