Friday, February 27, 2009

I Forgot to tell you about Lunch yesterday !!

I wanted to make sure I gave you all the right details etc. about the trip ..I forgot to tell y'all about Lunch ....after Touring "Korners Folley" it was time for Lunch..arrangements had been made for the 17 of us at the "Olympic" Restaurant ...It wasn't a fancy place at all...more like a family restaurant...and by the number of cars parked in the lot...Cecil and I assumed the food had to be good...well, we were right! The food wasn't expensive and they gave you more than I could eat at that sitting.I'm a slow eater..and eating too ( or trying to be polite with conversation) fast gives me indigestion...So I ended up bringing mine home...Fried flounder ( the whole fish)that was fried a beautiful golden brown, you got full just looking at it,some nice long french fries,and Cole slaw...(I gave Cecil my Cole slaw..too much chewing for me)..hush puppies, and a nice glass of Pink Lemonade, which I seemed to suck up right away..( I think all my walking made me thirsty). Anyway the purpose for adding this post...was to give the "Olympic" a little worthwhile advertisement :o)
Adding to the Day's pleasure we voted on a side trip to the "Farmers Market"...mainly to see what was there and for a scoop of ice cream..(the Ice Cream seemed very appealing to me :o) (couldn't eat my lunch but there was room for ice cream :o) ..anyway, I ordered the Peach instead of the Vanilla Walnut like I had planned..:o( wished I hadn't ...One of the ladies ordered it and it looked so much tastier than what I had...( Is that the dog looking at the other dog in the pond :o)
Any way I will have to get some Vanilla walnut soon , I've been thinking about it ever since....:o(

3 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh this sounded good and made me laugh. I have done the same thing in restaurants....I will look over at someone else's plate and wish I had ordered that. LOL. Have you got that tiller yet Ginny?? Have a good weekend, blessings,Kathleen

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Kathleen, I'm glad someone else has had that experience :o)..It's raining here today and I don't plan on going out..but there is always tomorrow for that ice cream
Cecil is giving me a problem about the tiller...he hates to spend the money, but when it's here, he becomes very possessive :o) No matter..I'm the bookkeeper :o) and we will get the tiller :o) Ginny

Connie said...

Sounds like you had a fun little getaway! I'm glad you got to go and see some new sights. :D