Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rape growing in my Side Garden


Hope you noticed I said MY SIDE Garden< I had some beautiful Patriot Hosta's there and I don't know what happened but they just died off (except two).. I plan to separate those into more plants eventually...but for now..it's my side garden..I planted some Rape greens there...and this morning I treated myself to the first pickings of them to "thin them out" I don't think they needed thinning, I just wanted to eat some they looked so young and tender...I ate them with some left over Fried Corn Bread< which my Grandson called "Johnny Cakes"..No matter...they were Ginny's Cakes for breakfast :o)...and the greens were so tender I ate the stalks too!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Your growing greens are looking great, Ginny! I bet they were good, young and tender like that. :O)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy, they were delicous especially with the cornbread...
Makes me feel country healthy :o)
Ginny