Friday, July 9, 2010

Cecil The Snake Killer!

Last night we had a little excitement going on in our yard! Cecil noticed a black snake crawling from under the neighbors fence ..He was able to run and get his shovel to kill it before I knew it was here!..I didn't want to see it! I didn't want to dream of it all night...he ended up throwing it in the woods..
It was still a baby I think..it was about 2 1/2 feet long..and about  1 1/2 " wide.(from the safe distance I was looking)..We don't have to worry about that one this year..Another neighbor up the street saw one at his front door yesterday, by the time he got his shovel it was gone..he came down to see if the snake was the same he saw! It wasn't!
His (he claimed) was bigger:o)..I think he was mighty scared ! and it could have looked bigger to him then..To be on the safe side..I'm watching each step before I walk out or around...You didn't think I'd show you  a picture did you?

9 comments:

Connie said...

Hurray for Cecil! I'm glad you didn't show a picture of the snake, Ginny. I'm not too crazy about snakes! Have a good weekend. :)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy , you and me both..Ginny

nancy huggins said...

We have Rattlesnakes here and it scares me to think that they could bite my dogs and kill them. There was a stray mother dog out in the trees behind the house and we saw she had a pup so my DH took a bowl of Oatmeal I made out to feed them and the next day the pup was dead and the Mom was gone. Pup was bleeding on top of her head and I am very happy I didn't see it. They are everywhere here and I am counting the days until we can go back home to midwest.
Glad Cecil was able to kill that snake..The only good snakes are dead ones

Anonymous said...

Mom, as much as I love your cooking,I will not visit you again this summer. I hate snakes...
Can you guess which of your children wrote this?
Have a good day and be careful..
My Dad is a hero...

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ms anonymous I'll be visiting real soon..so who is going to do the cooking ?.. Mommy

ladydi said...

Ugh. I do not like snakes. Ugh.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, Ginny, I don't blame you. I love all creatures, but snakes are just a bit too much! Stay safe dear friend. blessings,Kathleen

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

The best laugh from the snake story was that Ladydi got so nervous thinking about it, she sent me two comments on it hahaha!... one said the only good snake is a dead one< We do get some good venom from them..who wants to extract it!
There are Rattlesnakes here in NC.tooI don't care to see them at all!!! Ginny

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.