Saturday, September 25, 2010

More Good Stuff :o)

Do I have to remind anyone that I love greens (especially with some hot buttered cornbread)? I think the answer for those that know me...No
I will remind you that every woman has a bag of tricks to use when she wants something that the mate cares less about  LOL :o) Well, I used one of those tricks and got that second box that I wanted and I planted some Collards in it and also some Basil that I bought for a dollar and kept in a glass near the window and they rooted like crazy so I added them to the new box , since the ones in the first box didn't do much (I think it was the soil I bought from one of those dirt places (it was lousy) anyway I got some new Soil in the bags from Lowe's and it seems everything just took off! The new box was planted almost three weeks and I think it's doing great
Greens jumping out of the box :o)

10 comments:

Connie said...

They look great, Ginny! They're just sitting there waiting for you to come and pick them! :)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy, Not yet! I'm hoping I can wait for the frost to bite them, that's when they really are good :o) One of the neighbors has already put in a claim..so you know they look better in person...Ginny

mamabug said...

Nothing better than greens and cornbread; especially when you grow those greens yourself. You're so right about waiting til a frost to crop those collards. Love your blog! I'm definitely following it.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

mamabug, glad to have you along...hopefully it will be a journey of lots fun and a laugh or two :o) Ginny

Dorothy said...

Hi Ginny,
I'm a country girl who love greens, too! I don't have a place to grow them but I sure do like to eat them!!!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Dorothy, you just need a small box like I did,(in the backyard) I'm not counting my "Side Garden" :o) I'm trying to use as much of the land as I can ..remember it's only a "Almost an Acre Farm" :o) and it's on a slight hill...(better than nothing). Ginny

ladydi said...

Ginny, those are about the healthiest thing in the world for you, and tasty to boot. Life doesn't get better!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ladydi, it's a good thing they are because I sure like eating them :o)

the canned quilter said...

You are so right about the frost hitting the greens making them sweeter. Those are really nice too! I love almost any type of greens.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Canned Quilter, I haven't met a green I didn't like yet!
Just the mention of them has me drooling .Ginny