Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner X's 2 :o)

Yesterday I was too lazy to take a photo of dinner (leftover thanksgiving only with ham).
Just goes to show i cooked way too much,We  had dinner from it again tonight..this time Cecil helped me out by getting the camera before i ate up my plate :o) Tonight it seemed everything tasted way better, the Cabbage/Collards were tastier tonight than last night and the dressing still tasted good with cranberry sauce, that's the last of the candied yams..and the greens..and the cranberry sauce..plenty more Ham :o) half is in the freezer (sliced) and the other half we ate part of tonight..I think that's the best darn ham I've bought in a long time and I cut the bone out just right and folded it over so it would gel itself together ..and be sliced from the whole one piece..tomorrow for lunch I think I'll have a ham sandwich with mayonnaise :o)  and I'll make some other meat to finish off the dressing and mac and cheese (which I didn't eat tonight). Boy! it seemed we enjoyed dinner more tonight than last night..Maybe I worked up a sweat on the loom (it's still giving me trouble :o(  the break still isn't holding like it should, and I have to position it again after two or three picks :o( I've got to do or have something done about it.. Cecil tries so hard to help , but that's not his forte, fixing these kinds of things.His appetite was also ready, today was his volunteer day at the ministry helping to serve, So he was ready for dinner after resting a bit in his "Chair bed":o)
Just in case you want it ..here's Pat and Gina Neely's recipe for the Ham (6 lbs) Glaze.I doubled it because my ham was almost twice the size..10 lbs).
1/3 cup Brown sugar
1/3 cup Honey
2 teaspoons corn starch
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cayanne Pepper
mix and brush on ham..bake at 300 and baste q 20 minutes or more. Enjoy

5 comments:

Connie said...

Oh that sure looks good, Ginny! That made my mouth water just looking at the picture. :-) I hope you can get your loom fixed or figured out soon. I know nothing about them, so I'm no help to you with that.

Mr. H. said...

Sounds like a wonderful meal and I like that spicy glaze recipe. My wife and I often make enough food for multiple meals and they really do often taste better the second day...especially because everything has already been cooked and just needs reheated.:)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy,
we have been enjoying "Giving Thanks" for that meal more than once :o) it seems the more the Loom acts up the more I want to weave :o) it's being naughty as the dickens.

Mr H.
that spicy glaze is terrific, and looks so wonderful when you take it out of the oven. I think food taste better the second go round because it begins to pick up all the flavors you add to it..

Mrs.Pickles said...

not sure how i missed this post, but that meal looks great. We had ham steak for lunch today and it didn't look as yummy as yours..lol

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

You were probably too busy getting your cookie recipes together :o)