Just so you all know (or guessed) I've been busy as a bee with this project! First I decided to read what I call "The Weaving Bible" (especially for beginners).. I tried both methods of sleying from the back and the front and each time I messed up something awful :o(....Reading a little further in the chapter..I came upon her "Hybrid Method" well, being Stubborn as a mule ( I think I said that before)..I decided to try it ..what could I lose..( I've already lost my mind with this project, so maybe some sanity in due). So I began again to "Sley the Reed"(300 epi).Then progress to tieing the ends onto the back beam..(that was no easy feat, my unit came out of the socket, and I had to yell for Cecil to come quick..(I swear there is always something)..after that I had to move the heddles out of the way..take the Reed out and tie it up in back of the castle ...Now just explaining it sounds like it was a one two three job...not on you best day!!..I worked into the night and first thing this morning..all day and I'm not half done switching the ends from the reed to the Heddles, then from the Heddles back to the Reed...GEEZZ! but I will say this..I've had more control doing it this way than ever before...: I've disconnected the Reed and have put it into the back of the castle tied down on the sticks
This picture shows the Heddles moved out
of the way to pass the Reed through. I will now take the ends out of the Reed and put them through the Heddles from the back..I still go around to the front and recheck myself in the count and tie up the ends so I don't pull them out accidentally...Whew! it's not an easy one two three job..it's an hour one two and three for two three four days..
The last picture shows the Heddles almost half done..Break time!