Monday, August 4, 2008

I was happy to have one of my children come for a visit....You know , no matter how many children you have there is always one that will take the lead to check up on you to make sure everything is as well as you say... I'm glad this one came ..instead of the "Sargent" :o) that one tries to boss me around and I'm to old to give her a licking :o( Sometimes I think she thinks she's the Mama :o). Sometimes they try to gang up on me ..and I have to remind them , I'm just old, not cold (get it :o). Anyway, I was glad that she was able to come for a spell, but we weren't able to get to the "girly stuff" we usually do, I was just too out of it..
I was able to fix a nice country breakfast with Grits, "homemade sausage", Biscuits with "homemade Pear Preserves" "Fried Country Ham" and a Fried egg..she enjoyed it,and I enjoyed watching her dig into the Pear Preserves since I had to cut my sugar contents to bring my Blood count down....I was way above 200 (A-1 count) but have been able to lower it considerably in these days ...lowest has been 135...just 5points less than the normal 140...but it goes up if I just look at something sweet...I'm finding I better watch those snacks after 8 pm..even fruit shows up in the am. ugh!....

1 comment:

Connie said...

I'm glad you are getting your blood sugar back down where it should be, Ginny. I'm glad you could hang in there and find some substitutes that will work for you so you're not missing your Pepsi so much. I know it wasn't easy, especially at first. I hope you keep on feeling better and better. :D