Monday, February 16, 2009

A Sunday Dessert

Needless to say I've been fighting a cold all week...change of scenery and climate I believe was the culprit...then again maybe I really miss those mountains...we get excited when we see mountains on the TV and it turns out to be a make believe game that we are in Arizona again :o)...
It's nice eating out but truly there is nothing like a home cooked meal ...Today I felt like cooking (when did I ever not) anyway..I made a nice tenderloin roast(preparing with my spices and the kitchen sink :o) was worth the effort) baked some potatoes along with it and made some broccoli and cauliflower (seems that's becoming a regular dish here lately)... and then decided I'd better start using more of the canned items I worked so hard on during Harvest time...So out came the Peaches for a Peach Cobbler...I have to say it turned out pretty good ..In fact Darn good!! we ate half of it before the day was over..I used a recipe out of an old book and it's similar to the one Kathleen uses from "Eggs in my Pocket"...I'm going to use it again, and see how it works out with other fruits like Pears...and apples...that I worked hard to can ...using Stevia, I can use less sugar...and the taste is great.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I've got to get some of that Stevia to try. You are an inspiration Ginny.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Once you try it..and like it...you won't want to use any substitutes again...:o)...ginny

Connie said...

That looks yummy, Ginny! You are always cooking up something good at your house. :D

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Daisy , sometimes I want to go on strike, but then it seems something is missing :o(...ginny